Friday, December 3, 2010

Reverb #10 - Prompt #3

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

I, literally, had to look back in my calendar to remind myself what I did in the past year.
There was a lot of awesome mixed in with just everyday stuff...and I couldn't grasp one singular moment that thrilled me completely.

Mostly, what happens, is that I'm sitting somewhere, usually over drinks and food with my people, and all the sudden I realize how fucking unbelievably lucky a person I am.

Every face is adorable (to me at least), every belly laugh is a god damn revelation, every bite of food and sip of cocktail is more enjoyable because I'm where I'm supposed to be.

This happens at Taco Tuesdays, this happens over brunches that last for 4 hours!
Or on road trips, with Tecate in hand, while giving each other mad amounts of shit while the warm sun is setting on our faces.

You see, there is no one moment when I felt alive. I feel alive all the time.
I'm breathing and loving and giving everything I can and return I'm getting it back 3 fold or 5 fold because everyone else I know is living in the moment and being with me as much as I am with them.

Am I lucky, HELL YES. And I try to acknowledge that everyday.
And seriously, who needs ONE MOMENT?
I got so many moments, I don't know what to do with all of them...but just roll around in them loving every minute.

Oooh, but I DID see The Human Centipede with a couple of handsome jerkbeasts.
And that kind of changed everything.

1 comment:

linda said...

I had the same reaction to today's prompt. I told my best friend, "But I feel alive all the time!"

- Linda